Friday, February 11, 2011

Seat belts - room to live


A couple of weeks ago, I got a speeding ticket and also a ticket for not wearing my seat belt, but instead of paying a fine, I had to go to a class.

At first I was annoyed that I could not just pay the fine, but I went anyway last night.

I am so glad I did!

I was amazed at the number of traffic accidents that happen every day and those especially fatal ones that could be avoided if the person had only been wearing their seat belt.

I have to admit that I have not done very good in that department or in watching my speed.

I realized that I could have been in an accident and killed, had God not spared me!

All the way home I thanked God for protecting me all these years, and I vowed to be more careful and cautious when driving.

Isn't it amazing to think of all the things we do not even know of that God has protected us from?

Especially ourselves!

I thank God today that He has let me live this long and I hope and pray that He will let me live longer so I can show Him how much I love him and this live He has blessed me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment