Friday, February 11, 2011

More on info for wills


As I continue to work on updating our will, it has become interesting to me as to what to do with our "stuff."

Who to leave what to and who will even want it?

Also, since we do not have any children, who do we leave our vast amount of wealth to?

Ha! That is a laugh!

And probably the biggest question, is who do we trust to take care of our estate and also be the one to make decisions for us when we are either dying or after we have died.

Actually that one was easy for us to decide on - and that is my brother in law and love, Bob Cummings.

He and my sister Martha are by far the most sensible ones in my family!

It does pose some interesting questions.

One of the most intriguing for me is there is a place in your will that you can write a letter to family and friends stating your beliefs and what you stood for basically.

I find that fascinating because if you have to write something like that down, doesn't that mean that your life and what you believed in was not apparent to others?

Or maybe that is just for you to be able to have the last say.

It is my hope that our lives will have been so transparent that those people that knew and loved us will have known what we believed in by the way we lived out our lives.

Just some things I was thinking about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment