Saturday, May 29, 2010

Trip to Washington, D.C and Maryland

We just got back from a trip to Maryland for my nephew's graduation and all my family was there. It was great to get to visit with all of them and to get the chance to know my nephew better, along with his girlfriend and his friends that he will be sharing a house with. He is a great young man and we are looking forward to what his future will hold for him. While we were there, we got to see a few of the sights - My favorite memorial is the Lincoln Memorial and it is so impressive to see it up close! We also saw the Jefferson Memorial and the FDR Memorial. We then went to the National Archives where the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights and the Constitution are held - it is a truly impressivie and inspiring thing to see and you can feel the history behind each one! My very favorite place to go is the Botanical Gardens where there are hundreds of all kinds of flowers, especially orchids! I had a blast in there taking pictures! My mother Nell went with us and the picture here is her at the Botanical Gardens - she love flowers too!





No comments:

Post a Comment